All the hospitals that provide acute medical and surgical services in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw are included in the review. Also included are hospitals that have networked services and close links.
Mental health hospitals are not included. This is because mental health is a separate workstream within Health and Care Working Together with experts from across health and care working on how we can improve care and services.
The hospitals included are:
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust*
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
* Mid Yorkshire Hospitals are included because there are some patients who live in Wakefield who access South Yorkshire hospitals and vice versa. The hospital is within a different NHS region which is also looking at how it can improve services by working differently. Some of the services which the review will be looking at have already been consulted on in Mid Yorkshire and we will not be making any recommendations that would change services already agreed.