The knowledge, expertise and hard work of all staff is at the heart of South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw health and care services.
We have over 48,000 members of staff who work to meet the needs of 1.5 million people across South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw. Our staff provide services 24 hours per day, 365 days a year, and we must continue to support them to do the best possible job they can do.
All our staff are key to achieving our ambitions for health and care and we are developing a 'framework' to help us understand how we can better support and develop the staff we have, attract new workers and make our health and care services an attractive career option for our young people and students.
As a partnership, we have agreed to:
- Better plan and work together to address the current staff shortages we have in some professions and services.
- Encourage joint recruitment - working together as a wider service and not competing.
- Invest, at all levels, in professional and personal development for all our staff
- Review current ways of working to make sure our workforce is flexible and able to meet the needs of all citizens
- Invest in recruitment for social, primary and community care
- Work to keep the staff we have by making South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw an attractive place to work with people who are well-led, motivated and encouraged to look after their own health and wellbeing
- Offer more opportunities for potential staff through working with each other and not against each other