Celebrating AHPs Day
Monday 14th October 2019
Allied Health Professions Day takes place today.
It is a national awareness-raising day and an opportunity for AHPs to come together and celebrate being part of the AHP family.
The aim is to enable AHPs collaborate within services, organisations and regions to improve awareness of the roles of the fourteen allied health professions; demonstrate the achievements of local services and their impact on patient care and population health and support integrated working with other services and organisations.
Across SY&B there are lots of events and activities taking place.
- Executive directors shadowing AHPs
- AHP promotion stands in hospitals for staff and the public
- Videos of AHP professionals talking about why they enjoy their jobs and what makes them proud to be an AHP for social media
- Student AHPs sharing their experiences
- Patient and public involvement events
Rotherham’s Allied health professionals have been named ‘Northern Flagbearers’ for this year’s national AHPs Day.
Rotherham AHPs including colleagues from Dietetics, Podiatry, Radiography, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Orthotics, and Orthoptics will take part in an event, in partnership with University Centre, Rotherham at Rotherham Hospital to showcase the range of careers available.
You can find out more about the event here.
For information about AHP careers, see the Health Education England website links below: